- When do we start practice? We will be starting pre-season conditioning Tuesday, January 17 2017 at 3:15 pm. A schedule of pre-season conditioning days can be found by clicking here. Starting January 17 we will meet at the track and our workout should last about an hour to an hour and a half. The official season begins on Monday, February 6. Starting February 6 practice will be every weekday at 3:15 pm sharp and will end between 4:30 and 5:30 depending on your event. Everyone makes the team, there are no cuts. A season schedule of meets can be found by clicking here.
- What events can I do in track and field at BV? High School track and field in California consists of 16 events for both boys and girls. On the track we run the 100 meters, 200 m, 400 m, 800 m, 1600 m, 3200 m, 100 m hurdles (girls), 110 m hurdles (boys), 300 m hurdles, 4 x 100 meter relay, and 4 x 400 meter relay. The field events we compete in are the high jump, long jump, triple jump, pole vault, shot put, and discus. We compete in varsity competition (Juniors and Seniors) and frosh/soph competition (Freshmen and Sophomores). By rule you can compete in no more than 4 events (including relays).
- How do I sign up for the team? We will have a sign up meeting on Wednesday, December 7 at lunch in the big gym. Stop by, sign up, pick up some information and head back to lunch with your friends. If you miss the meeting you can always sign up with Coach U anytime at BV. You can also email your sign-up information to Coach U at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your email your first and last name, parents/guardians names, your cell phone number, your parents cell phone number, t-shirt size, and grade in school.
- How do I get cleared to participate in practice? To receive clearance to start practice with the track and field team follow this link to view instructions on how to get started on the Bella Vista Athletics clearance process. Remember that if you are in a winter sport (basketball, soccer or wrestling) you must complete the winter sport season before you can participate in track and field.
- How do I get cleared to participate in a meet? To receive clearance to compete in track meets you will need to read the team rules in the Bella Vista Track and Field Rules Handbook then complete the sign-off sheet stating that you have read and understand the team rules. You will also need to complete an emergency card. These documents can be found by clicking here.
- What do I need to do to get a uniform? There are two ways to get a uniform - 1. You can buy one from our online store which will be set up in January of 2017; 2. You can check out a uniform jersey from Coach U. You will need to provide your own uniform shorts. Click here for more detailed instructions on how to get your uniform.
- What kind of shoes do I need to participate in track and field? Because we have so many different types of events with different shoe requirements new team members should wait until workouts start and then speak with their event coach about which shoes would be best. A good pair of running shoes is always recommended and if your event requires spikes then work with your event coach on what to buy. When buying any kind of shoe for track remember to buy them at Fleet Feet Folsom or Roseville and mention that you are on the Bella Vista track and field team. We receive a percentage of the sale every time you buy from them.
- What do I need to do to receive text message/email announcements? To get on the track announcements list follow this link - Bella Vista Text Message List - and follow the instructions.
- What kind of grades do I need to participate in sports at BV? You must have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better with no more than one F to compete in any sport at Bella Vista. For more information on academic requirements refer to this link.
- Any other challenges coach? Everyone is responsible for recruiting one person other than themselves to try Track and Field. Everyone knows by now that we win with numbers. See what you can do!!!
- More questions? If you have any other questions you can contact Coach U at this email address - email@example.com.
Remember – Get your physical done before January 17! Make sure your grades are not slipping!!!
Good luck this season! Go Broncos!!!
COME JOIN AND BE PART OF A WINNING TRADITION –
MANY TIME LEAGUE AND SAC-JOAQUIN SECTION TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONS FOR BOTH GIRLS AND BOYS AT ALL COMPETITION LEVELS